I am exhausted! I read/cheered and blogged for a total of 22 hours...A lot better than last time. I read more and even cheered more. Although the computer was ultra slow, I sat most of the time at the office/library and read while waiting for the computer to move from one blog to the other. Here's my wrap-up:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you? After 2 am, I got super tired...I tried to be up because my mini-challenge finished at 4 am, but I just couldn't fight it and wanted to give everyone the chance of posting.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I used
advice from other blogs and they were right! Short stories, young adult are best.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think that the mini-challenges are great, awesome and think, at least I could have joined in more if I knew of some beforehand. For example the ones that ask you to do more, and you have to take pictures or video, etc., that I knew about them at the beginning of the day or a day before the event. That way I can least start thinking about it. The thing is that when it's posted, it's either read or post...I don't know just an idea.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Awesome organizers...Great in the way the cheerleading teams were divided. GO TEAM KEATS!
5. How many books did you read? 3 books and about a 2 chapters of a fourth.
6. What were the names of the books you read? All titles by Frances O'Roark Dowell: Chicken Boy, Phineas L. MacGuire...erupts!, Phineas L. MacGuire...gets slimed and I started her latest one, Falling In.
7. Which book did you enjoy most? Chicken Boy!!!! This was my second time reading it...LOVE IT!!! Love the cover and love the main character, Tobin McCauley.
8. Which did you enjoy least? Not applicable! Each one was different.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? I was a cheeleader so I'd like to know how can I improve. I went to all the blogs taht were listed for Team Keats and really enjoyed my time reading and posting...
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? YES!!!!!!!!!!