Tuesday, January 19, 2010

An evening with author Beth Hoffman


Tonight despite all the organizational challenges I faced, I made it to Books and Books in Coral Gables to listen to Beth Hoffman. She is the author of the much anticipated book Saving CeeCee Honeycutt. I started the book last night and one of the things that hooked me was the first sentence: "Momma left her red satin shoes in the middle of the road". I couldn't stop thinking about why and what had happened for her to do this. As soon as I'm done with the book, I will write my review/comments. What I can tell you is, what a treat to have met Beth! She is so genuine, authentic...How refreshing to meet someone like that. She talked to us about how and why she started writing the book. The events in her life that led her to start writing again. If you would like to read more about her, let me suggest you go to www.bookreporter.com. Jaime Layton from Duck's Cottage has a revealing interview with her...Keep you posted! Oh and by the way, if you are also reading the book, please let me know. I would love to exchange some thoughts and ideas with you.

1 comment: